The Sainsbury's Active Kids For All Inclusive PE Training Programme is a new innovative UK-wide training course to provide teachers, trainee teachers and classroom assistants with the knowledge and skills needed to run inclusive PE sessions.
The 6 hour course, which is made up of both practical and theory elements is funded by Sainsbury's and is being offered free of charge to anyone involved in the delivery of Physical Education.
The workshop aims to provide candidates with the knowledge and skills to:
- Recognise the influence of their perceptions and experiences on what they do and try
- Identify techniques, and recognise the appropriate delivery implications for good inclusive practice
- Recognise appropriate teaching implications
- Identify potential challenges to participation and identify possible solutions
- Understand key aspects of legislation
- Recognise pathways within disability sport
- Appreciate classification in disability sport
- Identify sources of additional information and guidance relevant to disability sport & PE
In order to support the workshop all candidates will receive a resource booklet, cards providing practical examples of inclusive activities and access to additional online resources.
Great examples of games and activities. Gave me more of an awareness of how to include lots of different disabilities in my PE classes. Excellent course!
(Trainee Teacher, Stranmillis College)
Really enjoyed the practical PE and this has given me great ideas to include all children in all activities. Brilliant ways to adapt PE lessons.
(Teacher, Enniskillen Integrated Primary School)
- Northern Ireland
Education and Training Officer,
Disability Sports NI.
Tel: 028 9046 9925