Spirit of 2012 Youth Advisory Panel are recruiting. We are on the search for enthusiastic young people aged 18-28 who are resident in Northern Ireland or Wales to join its Youth Advisory Panel (YAP) from July 2017 to December 2018.
The YAP works alongside the Spirit of 2012 Board to help shape its decision-making, feeding into proposals on new projects and acting as a champion for everything Spirit does. An initial wave of recruitment was completed in December 2016 which resulted in our current YAP of 9 young people from across England and Scotland. However, we did not receive any applications from young people who are resident in Northern Ireland or Wales and we want this to change!
• Meets four times a year to involve young voices in Spirit's decision-making, informing Spirit's grant programmes and communications by providing the perspectives of young people from across the UK
• Brings together a group of young advocates for Spirit's work who can expand Spirit's network across the UK
• Has the opportunity to visit projects, meet partners and increase knowledge about the innovative projects impacting people across the UK
• Develops loads of skills through training and mentoring, enhancing employability in the process
• Offers a meaningful voluntary opportunity to a wide range of young people, including those who might not normally step forward to make their voice heard.
Spirit of 2012 would love to hear from you if you are aged 18-28, are resident in Northern Ireland or Wales and...
• have a real passion for arts, culture, sport and/or volunteering
• could be a champion for Spirit of 2012 and our fantastic projects around the country
• could commit to around 12 days a year for meetings, project visits and to help us include the youth voice in our work.
In return, you’ll get an unparalleled insight into what Spirit does, receive all the training you need and will develop a whole range of skills that would be hard to come by elsewhere!
For more information or to apply to be on the Youth Advisory Panel, visit:
• Spirit of 2012 Website
• Recruitment Pack
• Online Application Form
Applications close 14 June at 12pm
Contact Spirit of 2012 at firstname.lastname@example.org on 0203 7017440